Saturday, October 18, 2008

Paris. Love it, Hate it.

As much as I'd like to deny it, I have become "a workaholic, an obsessed traveller, a baguette-cheese-wine-jazz lover, a health and weight conscious gym going addict, a fast paced walker... a Parisian!
I moved to France 4 1/2 years ago for (what else?) love and a new chapter in life. I've lived in various (not forgetting to mention breath-taking) cities in France but Paris is where I am now and I tell myself I'll never be happier elsewhere. Then some days I feel the urge to leave it. Why?

Love:
Charming city, free concerts and parties, celebrity bumping, model friends, easy access to travelling, Malaysian events where you get very casual with the ministers, world cuisines, chocolates/wines/automobiles - expositions of all sorts, daily events happenings, films in original version-English in my case, job opportunities, English speaking people, trendy people.

Hate:
Sucky weather, dog poo filled streets, pee smelling metros, pollution, snobbish people (though I must say this has decreased in the last 10 years)
, small and overly expensive appartments, ridiculously tiny elevators, everything's more expensive here than outside of it.



It's a love hate relationship with the city. You have good days, you have bad days but you make the best of it in the end.

No comments: