Monday, August 10, 2009

Another part of me

Every 3rd person in the world plays it, it looks facile. I started having the urge since my piano days and I've always been fascinated by it - the beautiful sound that comes from strumming a few strings together and the most modest fact - it's a completely mobile stringed instrument.
Let me introduce you to my latest craze - learning to play the guitar.

Who would have thought that playing the guitar would be hard work. I never knew one could bend fingers that way! And it's confirmed - my left index, middle and ring fingers are sore. The consolation is that they are now slowly but surely developing callouses! It should be well on its way as I put in 3 and more hours of strumming. It's quite easy to give up but what keeps me inspired is this piece delivered by John Mayer at MJ's memorial tribute - Human Nature. That's what I'm aiming for and if all goes well as planned, I should be strumming to that tune in no time *wishful thinking*.

I love music. I love everything about it. I've always been musically inclined. Inside my head, there's an on-going radio that does not switch off. It's quite easy for me to shut everything out by filling it with music. Music gives me passion, it de-stresses and balances life.

I cannot imagine a life without music, so let the music play on!

No comments: