Saturday, November 22, 2008

Am I really 30?

I just turned 30 years old and the funny thing is that I don't think it has sunk in yet.
I've been celebrating my 30th for a couple of weeks now, parties with family and friends in hip London and trendy Paris, and waking up the next day feeling like a 100 years old!

I thought when I turn 30, something would change and I'd notice the change. I turned 30... and nothing happened. It's like the age factor is in oblivion. And that's the coolest part of it, life's the same, I'm 30 and so what!

So I looked back at my life and had a reflection of my accomplishments in my 30 years of living. And then it dawned on me, I've managed to stay alive and be able-bodied and that's a true blessing! Sure I've been physically challenged a few times in life, the worst (so far) being bedridden for a couple of months due to a herniated disc but who hasn't right? Some celebrities didn't even live to see 30 - River Phoenix, Aaliyah, James Dean, Tupac Shakur, Heath Ledger to name a few. I consider myself lucky. I also have other areas of my life to be eternally grateful for;
  • I'm happily married to a wonderful, caring and tolerant man who loves me for who I am
  • I live in charming Paris with a job I take pleasure in
  • Understanding and easy going family members who are always there for me no matter what
  • Wonderful friends who are generous in their friendship
  • Extensive globe-trotting
and much more that I can't remember right now because I'm 30 hence excused!

I will however say this;
I'm 30, married, overseas and loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

Po said...

awww... welcome to the club, girlfriend!